As a wig lover, I always enjoy trying out new styles and experimenting with my look. One of my favorite wig types is the lace front wig. These wigs are incredibly versatile, offer a natural-looking hairline, and can be worn with ease. If you're new to lace front wigs or just want to brush up on your skills, here's a simple guide on how to put on a lace front wig.
First, let's discuss the lace front wig itself. These wigs are made with a sheer lace base along the front hairline, providing a seamless and natural look. Many lace front wigs are human hair wigs, but there are also synthetic wigs with lace fronts. The best option for you will depend on your budget and preference.
Now that you have a better understanding of lace front wigs, let's dive into the process of putting one on:
- Prepare your hair: Before putting on your wig, ensure your natural hair is flat and secure. You can braid your hair in cornrows, put it in a low ponytail, or pin it flat against your head. Wearing a wig cap can also help keep your hair in place and protect it from friction.
- Prepare the lace front wig: Before putting on the wig, you'll need to trim the excess lace along the hairline. This is an essential step, as it ensures the wig looks natural when worn. Using a pair of sharp scissors, carefully cut the lace as close to the hairline as possible, without cutting the actual hair.
- Adjust the wig: Most lace front wigs have adjustable straps at the back to ensure a secure fit. Before putting on the wig, adjust the straps to achieve a comfortable and snug fit.
- Put on the wig: Holding the wig by the ear tabs, carefully position the wig on your head. Align the wig's hairline with your natural hairline and ensure the sides and back are properly positioned. Use wig clips or bobby pins to secure the wig in place.
- Style the wig: Once the wig is securely in place, you can style it as desired. Lace front wigs are very versatile and can be styled in various ways. You can create a part, wear it in an updo, or simply let it hang loose.
- Secure the wig with wig glue or tape (optional): If you want extra security, you can use wig glue or tape to adhere the lace front to your skin. This step is optional, but it can help ensure your wig stays in place throughout the day.
And there you have it! With a bit of practice, putting on a lace front wig can be a breeze. If you're in the market for a new wig, consider checking out local wig shops near me or browsing online retailers like Amazon wigs or wigs.com. There's a fantastic variety of lace front wigs, including glueless wigs, headband wigs, and wigs for black women, ensuring you find the perfect wig for your needs and style preferences.
Remember, the key to a flawless lace front wig application is patience and practice. Don't be afraid to experiment with different methods to find what works best for you. In no time, you'll be a pro at putting on lace front wigs and rocking your fabulous new look with confidence.